- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Posted on 03-31-2017
5 Tips for a Good Night’s Sleep
Many people have problems with either falling or staying asleep at night. Sleep is vital to our physical and mental health.
Here are a few recommendations to improve your chances of having a good night’s sleep:
1. Keep your bedroom cool (below 70 degrees) and completely dark. You will probably need black out curtains. You can wear an eye mask if need be to keep any light out of your eyes. Even the light from your alarm clock will stimulate your brain and cause you to not sleep as deep or even to prevent you from falling sleep.
2. Do not work, be on the laptop or watch TV in bed. Keep your bed for only sleeping. This will train your body that when you get into bed, it’s for sleeping.
3. Stop looking at electronic devices 1-2 hours before you go to bed. The light from the screen stimulates your brain and it makes it harder to fall asleep.
4. Reduce fluid intake for 2 hours before going to bed, to reduce the chances of having to get up during the night to use the restroom.
5. There are many other factors that can affect your sleep, for example, maybe your brain won’t “stop thinking” when you get into bed…these factors can be discovered by doing Nutrition Response Testing/NRT and treated with concentrated whole food supplements. This has been very effective and eliminates the need for taking sleeping medications, which can be dangerous and have side effects.
Call us for a Free “Relaxing Stress-Free Sleep” consultation at 408-371-0068.
Sign up now for a free consultation!
|Monday||9 am - 1 pm||3 pm - 6:30 pm|
|Tuesday||9 am - 1 pm||3 pm - 6:30 pm|
|Wednesday||9 am - 1 pm||3 pm - 6:30 pm|
|Thursday||Closed||3 pm - 6:30 pm|
|Friday||9 am - 1 pm||Closed|
|Saturday||9 am - 1 pm||1st & 3rd Saturday Each Month|
|9 am - 1 pm||9 am - 1 pm||9 am - 1 pm||Closed||9 am - 1 pm||9 am - 1 pm||Closed|
|3 pm - 6:30 pm||3 pm - 6:30 pm||3 pm - 6:30 pm||3 pm - 6:30 pm||Closed||1st & 3rd Saturday Each Month||Closed|