Posted on 07-31-2017
8 Startling Facts about Chiropractic
Chiropractic: A health care profession that started in 1895 in the USA, that is concerned with the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disorders of the neuromusculoskeletal system and the effects of these disorders on general health.
- Moving the spinal bones to increase health has been around since ancient times, and has been used for thousands of years in China, India, Egypt, Rome and Greece and ancient cultures such as the Inca, the Maya and the Aztecs, and Native Americans.
- Athletes use chiropractors to stay well and perform better, not just for the occasional injury. Athletes choose chiropractors because we are movement specialists. Here are a few top athletes Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods, Michael Phelps, Tom Brady, Evander Holyfield, and Arnold Schwarzenegger who have all been proud patients of chiropractors.
- Chiropractors are found in the USA, Canada, Australia, the United Kingdom, Brazil, Denmark, France, Italy, Japan, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland, Germany and Japan (it is unregulated in last two countries).
- Starting in 1906, chiropractors were being put in jail for practicing medicine without a license, the first being the founder Dr. DD Palmer. At least 672 chiropractors throughout the country were arrested and jailed for the practice of “medicine” or chiropractic without a license. Many thousands more paid monetary fines to avoid jail time.
- A chiropractor, Dr. Chester Wilk, was the lead defendant in a 14 year-long lawsuit that culminated in our court system ruling that the American Medical Association or AMA was found guilty. They had engaged in an unlawful conspiracy in restraint of trade "to contain and eliminate the chiropractic profession." (Wilk v. American Medical Ass'n, 671 F. Supp. 1465, N.D. Ill. 1987). The judge further stated that the "AMA had entered into a long history of illegal behavior".
- Doctors (even Chiropractors) don’t do the healing. What they do is restore proper motion in the joints, which relieves tension on the nerves and allows your body to do the healing that it is inherently made to do. We never treat disease.
- Chiropractic students and medical students take many of the same required courses during their doctoral education:
- During the deadly flu pandemic of 1917-1918, chiropractic adjustments saved more lives than conventional medical care. The estimated death rate among patients of conventional medical care in the U.S. was estimated at 5 to 6 percent while the fatality rate among influenza cases receiving spinal adjustments was estimated at 0.25%.
Call us today for your free HEALTH and VITALITY evaluation at Hands on Healing Chiropractic at 408-371-0068.
We invite you to join our Bay Area Health and Wellness Group on Meetup: https://www.meetup.com/Bay-Area-Health-and-Wellness-Group.
Join us for our free health and wellness trainings provided by Dr. Deb Sampair, D.C.